Honey Whole Wheat
Yield: 2 large loaves
3 cups water
½ cup honey
2 Tablespoons softened butter or oil
½ cup skim milk powder
3 cups red wheat flour
1 Tablespoon salt
2 Tablespoons dry yeast
1 additional cup red wheat flour
4 cups white wheat flour
• In saucepan heat the water, honey, and softened butter or oil
• In large bowl combine the skim milk powder, the 3 cups red wheat
flour, salt, and yeast.
• Pour warm (not hot) liquid over flour mixture in bowl and beat
• Stir in the 1 cup red whole wheat flour and enough of the white
whole wheat flour to make a medium-soft dough. Knead 5 minutes. Place
in buttered bowl and let rise until doubled.
• Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place
in buttered 5”x 10” loaf pans. Cover and let rise until
1” above rim of pan.
• Bake @ 375° for 40-45 minutes. Tent with foil half way through
baking time to prevent over browning.
Ready to go.
Heat the water, honey and oil in your saucepan.
Combine the skim milk powder, 3 cups of red wheat flour, salt and
yeast in your bread bowl.
Pour the warm liquid into your bowl...
and beat until smooth.
Stir in your last cup of red wheat flour along with your white wheat
Turn out your dough and knead for around 5 minutes.
Let your dough rise until it doubles.
Punch down your dough and shape into 2 loaves.
Bake in your oven 40-45 minutes @ 375°
BACK TO TOP