Yield: 2 large loaves
2½ cups boiling water
2 cups rolled oats
¼ cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons salt
½ cup molasses
2 cups red whole wheat flour
3½ cups white whole wheat flour
½ cup skim milk powder
4 teaspoons dry yeast
• In large bowl combine first five ingredients. Stir until the
butter melts. Set aside to cool.
• When lukewarm add the dry ingredients, reserving 1 cup flour
• Mix all then turn out onto floured surface. Knead in enough
of remaining flour to make a soft dough.
• When dough is smooth and bouncy place in buttered bowl to rise
• Punch dough down, divide in half and shape into 2 loaves and
place in buttered 5”x10” loaf pans.
• Let proof until they crown 1” over rim of pans, about
• Bake @ 350° for 40-45 minutes. Tent with foil half way through
baking time to prevent over browning.
Combining the water, rolled oats, butter, salt and molasses.
Next add your dry yeast, skim milk powder and flour, reserving 1 cup
of flour to knead with.
Knead your dough.
Shape your loaves, place in pans and allow to rise again.
Baked to a beautiful shade of brown.
Ready to eat.
BACK TO TOP